Questions and Answers about the Second Coming of Christ which are held by orthodox Muslims

 

Where is Jesus Christ now?

Muslim scholars insist that Isa did not die but was taken directly to heaven. They are in full agreement about this; however they are not agreed as to the exact stage in which he finds himself in heaven as he continues his life there in the body. According to the following tradition when Muhammad ascended on his celestial journey (The Miraj) to the highest heaven he passed Jesus in the second heaven, other traditions say he is in the third or fourth stage in heaven.

He said, “Then Gabriel took me and ascended up till he reached the second heaven ………….. When we reached over the second heaven, I saw Yahya and Jesus who were cousins. Gabriel said, ‘These are Yahya and Jesus, so greet them.’ I greeted them and they returned the greeting saying, ‘Welcome, O pious brother and pious Prophet!’ “(Bukhari Volume 4, Book 55, Number 640)

The Bible unambiguously asserts that Jesus is exalted at the right hand of God.

> “Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high” (Hebrew 1:3).

> “This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted …………….” (Acts 2:32, 33)

> “So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.” (Mark 16:19)

> “If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.” (Colossians 3:1)

Do Muslims believe that Christ will come again?

Christians and Muslims both hold that Jesus Christ was raised alive to heaven and will return to earth at the end times. Although the two religions differ as to how he shall appear and what he will accomplish when he returns, they both teach that his return from heaven will herald the climax of human history.

 

What does the Quran teach about the second coming of Christ?

The Quran has no definite teaching about the subject of Christ’s second coming, however, support of this doctrine may be found in the verse below.

> “And (Jesus) shall be a sign (for the coming of) the Hour (of Judgement): Therefore have no doubt about the (Hour) but follow ye Me: this is a Straight Way.” (Az Zukhruf 43.61)

Yusuf Ali makes this comment about the verse: ‘This is understood to refer to the second coming of Jesus in the Last Days just before the Resurrection when he will destroy the false doctrines that pass under his name, and prepare the way for the universal acceptance of Islam, the Gospel of Unity and Peace, the Straight way of the Quran.’ (Abdullah Yusuf Ali, The Holy Quran, p.1337).

What do the traditions say about His return?

If we need to find the Muslim view about the return of Christ and understand Muslim eschatology we need to turn to the traditions. There are said to be seventy reliable traditions on the subject here are just three examples.

1. Narrated Abu Huraira, Allah’s Apostle said, “By Him in whose hands my soul is, the son of Mary (Jesus) will shortly descend amongst you people (Muslims) as a just ruler and will break the cross and kill the pig and abolish the Jazzy (a tax taken from the non-Muslims, who are in the protection, of the Muslim government). Then there will be abundance of money and no-body will accept charitable gifts. (Bukhari Volume 3, Book 34, Number 425)

2. Narrated Abu Huraira, Allah’s Apostle said, “The Hour will not be established until the son of Mary (i.e. Jesus) descends amongst you as a just ruler, he will break the cross, kill the pigs, and abolish the Jazzy tax. Money will be in abundance so that nobody will accept it (as charitable gifts). (Bukhari Volume 3, Book 43, Number 656) Sahih Muslim Volume 1 No 289 adds that “spite, mutual hatred and jealousy against one another will certainly disappear” during his reign when he returns.

3. Sahih Bukhari states that on Christ’s return Christians will be judged by the Quran and raises a question as to how they will fare when such an eventuality occurs. “Narrated Abu Huraira, Allah’s Apostle said “How will you be when the son of Mary (i.e. Jesus) descends amongst you and he will judge people by the Law of the Quran and not by the law of Gospel.” (Bukhari Volume 4, Book 55, Number 658)

 

What do the Quran Commentators say about His return?

According to Al-Baidawi (renowned Quran commentator d. 685 A.H.) ’He (Christ) will descend in the Holy Land at a place called Afik with a spear in his hand; with this he will kill al-Dadjal (Anti-Christ) and come to Jerusalem at the time of the salat of the morning prayer; the Imam will give place to him but he will refuse and will worship behind him according to the shariah of Muhammad; then he will kill the swine, break the crosses, lay all synagogues and churches in ruin and kill all Christians who do not believe him. The last statement is based on the following verse from the Quran:

> “And there is none of the People of the Book but must believe in him before his death; and on the Day of Judgement he will be a witness against them” (An Nisa 4:159).

The consensus of commentators is that the time of his coming will be according to the fixed will of Allah. It is generally agreed that Isa will descend in the Middle East where he will destroy the Dajjal (Antichrist) and all his hosts. He will break the cross as a declaration forever against all the false notions that he was crucified. He will kill the pig and will make pork universally prohibited. He will abolish the Jiziyah tax which was imposed on non-Muslims who kept their own religion rather than Islam, for in the last day everyone will be required to embrace Islam so the tax will be redundant.

He will usher in an era of peace and prosperity unknown before and will rule over the earth for forty years the world community will be one and all will believe in the Islamic Christ. He will be a just ruler and a fair judge and will act and instruct others on the Quran and Hadith. He will also lead people in the ritual prayer. During this period all other religions besides Islam will perish and Jihad will cease. Wealth will be abundant and the receiving of Zakat and Sadaqa gifts will end as there will be no poor to receive them! There will be peace, harmony and tranquillity during his time in the world. There will be no animosity for a period of seven years; all hearts will be free from miserliness, envy, hatred, malice and jealousy. For forty years no one will fall ill or die; snakes, scorpions and wild animals will not harm anyone and camels will graze among lions, cheetahs with cattle and the jackals with goats. He will marry and have children, and he will die after forty years and be buried in Medina alongside the tombs of Muhammad, Abu Bakr and Umar.

The traditions have developed a system which seeks to perpetuate the superiority of Islam; Islam will be victorious while the other religions that once received a revelation, but either disobeyed or corrupted that revelation, will perish. The traditions have developed the Islamic Christ of the Quran who is ‘illustrious in this world and the next’, but is mortal, and like Muhammad and all mankind will die. Alternatively, the Bible clearly explains that he was a unique person who suffered death once, never to die again, one who is now gloriously alive in heaven and on his return as king all will kneel before him as he ushers in a righteous kingdom.

In Christian doctrine the return of Christ is called the Parousia are there any significant similar terms in Islam?

The Bible of course was written in Greek and there are a number of Greek words used to express the different stages in the second coming of Christ in the New Testament

1. ‘revelation’ –apocalypses

2. ’appearance’ – epiphaneia’

3. ’coming’ – parousia

When Islam speaks about this event it uses the Arabic term nuzul-i-Isa, which means the “descension of Jesus”.

Where will he descend?

Some Muslims say he will land on the Ka’ba in Mecca, others that he will land on the eastern minaret of the great Umayya mosque in Damascus which is called Isaya Minarah. Others say that Jesus will return by landing on top of the Dome of the Rock and that others will help him to the ground on a ladder. John Gilchrist has pointed out that ‘it seems absurd to consider that, after crossing the vast expanse of the universe on his way from heaven to earth, he will need a ladder to help him down the last thirty feet of his descent!’

The New Testament tells us that Christ ascended physically and visibly ‘from the mount of Olives’ (Acts 1:12); ‘a cloud received him out of their sight’ (Acts 1:9); he was carried up to heaven (Luke 24:51); that ‘he passed through the heavens’ (Hebrews 4:14) and ‘sat down at God’s right hand, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion and every name that is named’ (Ephesians 1:21).

The scripture also said, ‘Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven’ (Acts 1:11).

‘When he returns he will come from the place he last occupied in heaven. He will descend and will be seen coming upon the clouds, and then he will go forth to meet his people, while they too, will ascend from the earth to meet him in the air.’ (The Bible on the Life Hereafter, William Hendriksen)

 

How will Jesus be recognised when he comes?

Being unsure of the place where he will descend Muslims are therefore most anxious that they will not mistake him for anybody else. They are assured that there will be no problem because he will declare himself as a prophet of Islam who has come to correct his message which has been distorted and he will following this unite all believers under Islam.

He will have easily recognisable features as the following hadith makes clear: “There is no prophet between me and him that is Jesus (peace be upon him). He will descend (to earth). When you see him, recognise him: a man medium height, reddish hair, wearing two light low garments, looking as if drops were falling from his head though it will not be wet”. (Abu Dawud, Vol.3, p.1203).

In contrast to the uncertainties evinced by Muslim traditions on the subject, the Christian Scriptures are clear that his coming from heaven will be with such power and glory and will be accompanied by such dramatic signs on earth as will leave no one in any doubt as to who he is and what he has come to do.

> “Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, every one who pierced him; and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so, Amen.” (Revelation 1.7)

> “For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.” (1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17).

 

What will the second coming of ‘Isa establish in Islam?

Muslims contend that the ‘descension’ of ‘Isa to the earth will bring to conclusion the long confrontation between the monotheism of all the prophets on the one hand, and the polytheist deviations that infiltrated the teachings of Jesus after his departure on the other. These deviations were said to be encrypted in the Christian creeds which led them to deifying Jesus and making him both the son of God and one part of a triune god.

This confrontation will be a major aspect of human history because the Quran repeatedly exposed these Christian distortions and its unheeded warnings to those who follow the Christian faith will be upheld on the last day. The matter will be settled by Isa himself, who will come and rectify all the false representations concerning himself and remove these unwholesome beliefs kept by generations of Christians. He will preach pure monotheism in accordance with the teachings of Muhammad.

Does not the Quran say that Jesus himself said he will rise from the dead?

Some Christians interpret the following verse as the Quran’s confirmation of the Biblical account of the life of Christ, namely, that he was born without a human father; died upon the cross and was raised to life again on the third day.

> “Peace be upon me the day I was born, and the day I die and the day I am raised up again alive.” (Maryam 19:33)

The Muslim interpretation however, is radically different. Jesus was born, created by the will of Allah; he was taken directly into heaven without being crucified and so therefore in order to be in the likeness of the rest of mankind will need to return to earth, live here for some time then die; he will then along with all mankind be raised for the Day of Judgement. It is noteworthy that similar phraseology is used when the Quran refers to John the Baptist (Yahya)

> “O Yahya! Take hold of the Book with might”: and We gave him wisdom even as a youth, and piety (for all creatures) as from Us, and purity: He was devout, and kind to his parents, and he was not overbearing or rebellious. So Peace on him the day he was born, the day that he dies, and the day that he will be raised up to life (again)! (Miriam 19:12-15)

61 Responses to “The Second Coming”

  • Akii:

    It’s really funny how the christians think their in the right and will go heaven. Just wait for Jesus, when he will kill those who reject Islam

    • admin:

      Its not funny or strange at all. If you claim to believe in the Torah, Zabur and the Injil you read how God preserved the nation of Israel through both apostasy and hardships in order that the Messiah should come and fulfil the biblical emphasis that the whole world should know the glory of God. How dreadful is the idea, found in your hadiths, that the Messiah is mainly concerned about the destruction of the unbeliever rather than in the salvation of their souls.

  • Abraham:

    Praise be to God for such wonderful teaching. I believe in this later days the Spirit of the Lord will move mightily in saving and bringing a lot of our Moslem brothers and sisters into the fold. This is the time for us to pray for them, the more so that light of God will illuminate their souls so that they will come into the truth of who Christ is. It is our responsibility to ensure we pray for them, we might never knew who was praying for us before the grace of God open our hearts to see the love of God through Jesus Christ dying for us on the cross for our sins So let us never get weary interceding for our friends, neighbours, and colleagues at work one day God in His infinite mercies will save them and we all will rejoice together. May God grant us the grace to hold on to the faith till the end in Jesus Christ mighty name I pray Amen SHALOM.

    • admin:

      Thank you for taking time to make your comments. All the exhortations in scripture reveal how important prayer was to the believing community. It remains the lifeblood of every Christian and the basis of all Christian ministry. May God continue to bless you.

  • Rob:

    Between now and 2022, (seven years before Jesus returns on the 120th Jubilee in 2029), there will be a continued increase in the amount of so called ‘alien activity’. This will culminate with many huge alien looking UFOs appearing in plain sight all around the Earth by September 2022.

    Satan will then appear to us flying through the skies as he deludes the people of the Earth that he is an extraterrestrial who has been on Earth before and will claim to be a god but he will look just like Jesus. He will say that the Christian history of him is wrong while the Muslim history is true and that he is called Isa, the Muslim name for Jesus. This will very quickly cause the great falling away of the Christian Church that Paul spoke of in 2 Thessalonians. Then Satan will go to Damascus to select the Muslim Mahdi in accordance with Quranic prophecy, however this will really be the Anti-Christ of Biblical prophecy.

    Under the guidance and power of Satan (Isa) the Mahdi, who will be Shiite (Shia make up about 15% while Sunni make up about 85%), will then defeat and subdue the Sunni faction of Islam by killing there leader at that time who will be known as the Dajjal (as according to Islamic eschatology). The Mahdi will then force the ten most powerful leaders of the world to submit to his rule buy subduing three of them as the prophet Daniel spoke of in Daniel 7 and they will have to agree to a seven year treaty which many other countries on Earth will also sign up to, in a pact where Isa (Satan) will protect the Earth from other ‘alien species’. This will begin Daniels final seven year prophecy. This agreement will include Israel and Isa (Satan) will let the Jews rebuild their temple. He will help make this happen by helping to select the new Jewish High Priest for the temple and Isa (Satan) will give this man power to make wondrous signs, that will cause people to believe the Mahdi is a god as well. However, this High Priest will really be the False Prophet of Biblical prophecy.

    After this the Mahdi will set up Sharia law in every country he can and poorer countries that are struggling to cope with the tumultuous world events taking place will be offered free energy, technology and free food with Isa’s (Satan) ‘alien’ technologies but in order to get this the governments will have to agree to the people accepting a mark and to get this mark people will be required to worshipping an image of the Mahdi.

    The image will be a life like 3D image of the Madhi that moves and speaks proud and boastful words about himself being a god. As long as people worship this image in genuine devotion they will get the mark but this image has technology supplied by Isa (Satan) that will detect who is being genuine and who isn’t; A sophisticated lie detector. The mark itself will be a very hi-tec micro chip created by Isa (Satan) that not only allows the person to buy and sell but it will also alter the persons DNA functions. This at first will make the person feel incredibly well, almost impervious to disease but later, near to the end of the seven years, it will cause the person to become incredibly and painfully ill but they will not die from this agony. Country after a country will fall to this new system as it will seem so appealing at first.

    Israel will also have rebuilt their temple by now and will start to sacrifice animals again but this will cause outrage to the rest of the world where food is becoming increasing in short supply. So half way through the seven years on 28th January 2026 the Mahdi will invade Israel and stop the sacrifices, thus beginning the 1290 day count down to the Image being set up in the temple itself according to the book of Daniel chapter 12. However, the Mahdi will not destroy the temple as Satan will let the False Prophet continue to cause people to worship the Anti-Christ. The Mahdi will also allow anyone to go up and onto the temple mount platform and into the temple itself, thus desecrating it.

    It is at this time that the Two Witnesses will go up the temple mount and will begin to prophesy to the world with power for 1260 days and say that the real Jesus will return on the 24th September 2029. As one country after another continues to fall to the mark of the beast system, things on Earth will get increasingly worse as billions will die from famine, war, disease and crime. Then on Friday 13th April 2029 the Asteroid Apophis will hit the Earth. Although it is currently predicted to miss Earth by about 18,000 miles Satan will cause it to hit us. This will produce a ejection cloud that will circle the Earth and from which will descend the demonic locusts that will number 200 million as described in the book Revelation. These creatures will attack everyone for five months as Revelation also says, but the 144,000 will be protected from these attacks – these will be Christians who will also be preaching around the world that the Two Witnesses really are God’s Two Prophets. However, after 1260 days, around august 2029, the Mahdi will again attack Jerusalem and with Satan’s help will kill the Two Witnesses. The Witnesses dead bodies will lie next to the temple for three and half days after which they will resurrect along with the 144,000 and together they will ascend to Heaven. Then the Anti-Christ will set up his Image next to the temple.

    However, 45 days later the real Jesus will return on 24th September 2029 (1335 days from when the sacrifices were stopped), as foretold in Daniel 12. Jesus along with His 144,000 saints will be seen in the sky by everyone on Earth and then the dead in Christ will rise up first to meet Him in the air followed by any Christian’s who are still alive. Those left on the Earth who are still alive will mourn but will soon be killed by Holy Fire coming down from Heaven that will consume the whole Earth. Then Jesus will land on the Mount of Olives with His 144,000 capturing the Anti-Christ and False Prophet throwing them into the lake of fire. Jesus will also capture Satan and will throw him into the Abyss of Hell. Then Jesus will begin His Millennial reign.

    The temple described by Ezekiel in chapters 40 to 48 will then be built and there will also be survivors from the tribulation who will have hidden in deep underground bases who will then emerge to discover a very different world, where Jesus is ruling from His throne in Jerusalem.

    Every year these people will go up the temple at Tabernacles to present an offering and over the 1000 year reign the Earth will be repopulated and people will live very long lives. However, seven years before the end of the Millennial reign Satan will be released from the Abyss and will deceive anyone who will listen and with his demonic forces he will attack Jerusalem one last time but God the Father will come down and destroy his army with fire.

    Then at the End God will Judge everyone so that the ungodly are thrown into the lake of fire along with death and hell. While God will make a new Heaven and a new Earth for his people to live in for all eternity.

    • admin:

      This detailed panoramic approach seems to want to include in its scope science fiction in its use of UFO’s, extra-terrestial and asteroid activityand modern technology; Islamic eschatology in its application to ‘Isa, Satan, Sunni and Shia’ factions, implementation of the Sharia Law and Biblical last days teaching drawn from Ezekiel’s future temple, Daniel chapters 7 & 12, Paul’s second letter to the Thessalonian Church, The Revelation’s references to the mark of the beast, the 144,000, the Two Witnesses, and the Millenial Age. We reject completely this literal numerological approach used by this correspondent as it will be consigned, along with other attempts as deviant attempts to try and explain each detail of the Last days.

      It is sufficient to say the Lord Jesus Christ speaking in terms of the end of the age and the coming of the Son of man made it abundantly clear that “of that of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.” (Matthew 24:36) and in the parable of the Ten Virgins “Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.” (Matthew 25:13)

  • Sina Ogundele:

    This discusion is a very urgent response to my desires to know more about the word of God (Holy Bible) compare it with the Quran and the kind of teaching they give. I pray that the Holy Spirit will reveal himself to them and lead them to the light of God the true Christ Jesu. May God reward Admin and others people that God has used in one way or the other show the way which is through our Lord Jesus Christ. Thank you.

    • admin:

      Thank you for taking time to write to us. We trust you will know God’s blessing in your personal life as you research Islam and become more acquainted with the teaching of scripture.

  • When Satan was still in heaven, he was called one of the morning star. God created him by gold he was shining because he was created out of gold. He was loved by God among the angels he and his angels praise God, but his plan was to be like God. When he was planning aganist God, he said in front of angels that “does God deserve to be served? He continues does God even care about us? does he show us love? Does God really have mercy? All the angels became quiet waiting for God himself to reply. God instead created the new heaven and earth and cast Satan out of heaven. He said to the Holy spirit and His son COME LET US CREAT HUMAN BEINGS JUST LIKE OURSELVES. Some people believe that God would have created us like angels because they are created with feathers but because he wanted to answer Satan’s questions he now created human beings like himself. He now answer Satan’s questions through human beings he created by his one and only son……… so God answers all Satan’s questions in front of angels by using us as an example. The angels take Satan as a guilty cause he insulted the Living God, so my brethren God really cares about your soul just accept Jesus as your saviour and you shall be saved. Thanks.

    • admin:

      We share with you the joy we have in salvation through Jesus Christ. In respect of your comments however, we discover muddled thinking, a wide use of imagination and no biblical references. I presume English is not your mother tongue but we have edited these comment so that they can be understood more clearly. We have tried to understand your meaning as best as possible.

      You may be referring to Lucifer in your use of the ‘morning star.’ Metaphorically it is used in the Bible in a way that implies dignity. The word Lucifer itself is a Latin word meaning ‘light-bearer and it is found in Isaiah 14:12. It is translated from the Hebrew word ‘helel’ which means the ‘shining one’ some people have the view that this refers to Satan, while others argue that it is the fall of the proud king of Babylon who had covered himself with glory and pomp.

      Reading those Old Testament passages that refer to Satan (e.g. Job 1 and 2) you might get the idea that he is simply one of the heavenly hosts. The more developed doctrine leads us to discover that he is an adversary against the best interests of men.

  • Jesus is coming back because, he has shown me in visions of various kind. He has even shown himself to me while sleeping, so I believe he’s coming back.

    • admin:

      You may find these visions helpful to you personally but it is preferable to rest on the teaching of scripture. We know Jesus is coming back in order to fulfill his promise as recorded in the New Testament (Acts 1:11); bring realisation of what is called the ‘blessed hope’ (Titus 2:13); judge the living and dead (John 5:22,27,28); raise the righteous dead (1Corinthians 15:23); destroy the brief rule of antichrist and evil (2 Thessalonians 2:8) and will be seen to reign in power and glory (2Thessalonians 1:7; 1 Peter 1:7,13).

  • SPIRIT FILLED:

    ‎Corinthians 3:19: “For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight. As it is written: For it is written: I catch the wise in their own craftiness.”/ “Fools think their own way is right, but the wise listen to others. The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a …‎” (Proverbs 12:16)

    Islam is in imitation of Christianity the quran is based on the Bible but they read the Bible and choose what is preferable to them and ignore the rest.  If you claim the Bible wrong then everything about it should be wrong not only what you dislike about it. It’s like most Christians too who read the Bible and when they get to passage that rebukes then for what they do they skip it. Preach the Gospel without compromise. (Edited)

    • admin:

      Islam purports to be a religion that honours the Torah, Zabur and injil but the holy scriptures are in fact discredited by Muslims reading them in the context of the Quran. If they do not agree with the Quran they conclude the earlier scriptures are in error.
      We are not aware of Christians who dismiss passages that rebuke them on the contrary the scriptures is their standard for doctrine and conduct.

  • The Real Admin:

    Oh dear “admin” you are biased, hateful and ignorant

    • admin:

      Yes, we are biased for only in the gospel is the power of salvation. Hateful -No! it is the love of God towards such as yourselves that is our motivation. Ignorant – No! our articles are well researched. We look forward to hearing from you again in order to give you the opportunity to share your knowledge so that we can test our ignorance.

  • steve:

    My concern is, why does the qu ran agree to the second coming of Jesus christ, that he would judge all men about the truth and settle the religious controversy between Islam and Christianity? why not Muhammed? Why does the qu ran have the name “Jesus” in it which is being referred to as “Isa” and the Bible does not have Muhammed in it? It’s also amazing that the qu ran accepts that Jesus was born by a Virgin without having intercourse with any man. if the bible says his father was God which the qu ran disaproves, then why cant the qu ran tell us who his dad was and yet agree he had no biological dad? So if it cannot prove to us who his dad was and yet agree he had no biological dad, then why are the muslims criticising us for having an answer to a question they still have no answer to since 200 years? At least we have an answer and they don’t. Jesus was just a normal human being and a prophet like muhammad according to the qu ran and it’s believers, but can they please tell me of anyone who has ever been born by a Virgin and without a biological father since the creation and beginning of mankind besides Adam and Eve?

    • admin:

      I think you have raised important questions. It would be interesting to hear comments from our Muslim friends. Despite Muslims’ high view of Jesus Christ it is sadly surpassed, in their minds, by their understanding of Muhammad. Yet, strangely on this subject, in some areas, the Isa of Islamic tradition surpasses Muhammad however, their conjectures are unsupportive and their inventions have the effect of keeping Christ bound to his mortality. Likewise, in connection with the virgin birth Muslim apologists down-play the nature of the person of Jesus Christ by comparing him with Adam claiming that both were direct creations of Allah and tied solely to the earthly realm. They fail to consider the Biblical revelation which asserts that Jesus came down from heaven and had no beginning. The only way Muslims can answer your questions is by denying the previous scriptures, which are spoken of so highly in the Quran, and replacing them with unsubstantiated Traditions.

    • Akii:

      Because Jesus Christ (pbuh) is the only messenger of god whose followers mistook that he claimed divinity. So in his second coming he will not teach us anything new but follow prophet Muhammad (pbuh). The Quran is very clear that he wasn’t killed. In fact it also says ‘it was only made to appear be so’ so the quran says it looked like he died but not in reality.

      • admin:

        Rather than suggesting that the followers of Jesus misunderstood his claim to authority please consider an alternative view namely, the disciples of Jesus had an intimate knowledge of the person and words of Jesus and correctly followed him recording his life and sayings. Then, 500 years after the events recorded in the Gospels, Muhammad (making a claim to inspiration) alleges there was no cucifixion, nor was he the person he claimed to be in the Gospels. Would you not rather believe the Gospel account recorded soon after the events rather than a spurious claim made from someone who had no knowledge of the history, geography and setting of the events recorded in New Tesatment?

    • Akii:

      Also i would like to say that the in the bible prophet muhammad is mentioned by name. Read Song of Solemn 5:16 and come to the truth brother:) peace

      • admin:

        The text you quote reads as follows: “His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.”Song of Solomon 5:16

        The Muslim argues that the Hebrew term machmad (altogether lovely) can be translated ‘praise’or ‘Ahmed’ and the correct reading should be “His mouth is most sweet: he is Muhammad. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.”

        The immediate context of the person being addressed as machmad is someone living in the time of Solomon (3:11) who is loved by a Shulamite (6:13). Its setting is in Israel we find mention of Jerusalem and her daughters. There is no record of Muhammad courting any of these ladies. A search of the twelve occurrences of the Hebrew word machmad shows that the word has nothing to do with praise but rather its meaning is ‘what is desirable.’

  • steve:

    My concern is, why does the qu ran agree to the second coming of Jesus christ, that he would judge all men about the truth and settle the religious controversy between Islam and Christianity? why not Muhammed? Why does the qu ran have the name “Jesus” in it which is being referred to as “Isa” and the Bible does not have Muhammed in it? It’s also amazing that the qu ran accepts that Jesus was born by a Virgin without having intercourse with any man. if the bible says his father was God which the qu ran disproves, then why cant the qu ran tell us who his dad was and yet agree he had no biological dad? So if it cannot prove to us who his dad was and yet agree he had no biological dad, then why are the muslims criticising us for having an answer to a question they still have no answer to since 200 years? At least we have an answer and they don’t. Jesus was just a normal human being and a prophet like muhammad according to the qu ran and it’s believers, but can they please tell me of anyone who has ever been born by a Virgin and without a biological father since the creation and beginning of mankind besides Adam and Eve?

    • admin:

      I think you have raised important questions. It would be interesting to hear comments from our Muslim friends. Despite Muslims’ high view of Jesus Christ it is sadly surpassed, in their minds, by their understanding of Muhammad. Yet, strangely on this subject, in some areas, the Isa of Islamic tradition surpasses Muhammad however, their conjectures are unsupportive and their inventions have the effect of keeping Christ bound to his mortality. Likewise, in connection with the virgin birth Muslim apologists down-play the nature of the person of Jesus Christ by comparing him with Adam claiming that both were direct creations of Allah and tied solely to the earthly realm. They fail to consider the Biblical revelation which asserts that Jesus came down from heaven and had no beginning. The only way Muslims can answer your questions is by denying the previous scriptures, which are spoken of so highly in the Quran, and replacing them with unsubstantiated Traditions.

  • anguei garang aguer r.:

    John.3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever believe in him should not perish bt have entenal life.” This verse alone confirmed to us that Jesus will do the will of God. If you really want to deal with the second coming of the Lord, you nust believe this chapter as it was said:”For those who ever believe in him should not perish, but have entenal life.” My question is: Do you need a second coming or do you want to have entanal life? If you need entanal life, just believe in him. The second coming belong to him. May God bless you all!

    • admin:

      You are right to emphasise the truth that we have eternal life by believing what God has done in bringing salvation through our Saviour Jesus Christ but we must not neglect the whole teaching which came from the lips of our Lord and the apostles in respect of his second coming. While it is true that the evangelical message of preaching Jesus crucified, resurrected and alive is the priority, all the errors of Islam need to be addressed and these involve not only misunderstandings of eternal life but also misconceptions of who Jesus is and the importance of his second coming.

  • rachel:

    Ok….thank u so much. I think it will help me a lot..I’ll try my best.

  • rachel:

    My Muslim friend is not at all interested in bible n in gospel..how to tell him about jesus?

    • admin:

      Sadly that’s the case with most Muslims. If he/she has no consciousness of sin then he will not be looking for a Saviour. Try to show by word and behaviour that God is a holy and awesome God who is not so concerned about religious practices but reformation of personal character. Try to make this person aware that each person’s heart is affected by sin as in Mark 7:21-23: “For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.” Unless one becomes aware of their sinful condition they will not repent but continue trusting in the teaching of Islam which they have learnt since childhood.

    • admin:

      Although Muslims have a high view of ‘Isa most Muslims, sadly are not interested in the Biblical Jesus. They consider that the Quran has detailed all that is necessary about him and do not consider the teaching of the Bible concerning him is the full truth. For most Christians are interest in Jesus came about because of our consciousness of sin and found through Jesus the way of salvation. Only when Muslims become aware of their sin and find Islam inadequate in dealing with the sin problem will they consider Jesus. It may be helpful to talk more broadly about the Bible, sin and atonement and then ask them to consider Jesus.

  • rachel:

    One of my Muslim friend says that Jesus is just a prophet n all Christians who r believing him are stupids..I want to prove him that we are not wrong but how?? I need help

    • admin:

      Agree with your friend that the Injil teaches that the majority of those who listened to Jesus believed he was a prophet (Matthew 21:11) but beyond this general impression we need get people to reflect on such things as what he said about himself and his mighty miracles. He was more than a prophet – he was the long awaited Messiah who would restore a sinful nation back into a right relationship with God. Most Muslims have little conception of the meaning of Messiah despite the Quran’s regular use of ‘Isa ibn Maryam. By taking your friend back to the Bible you can make your friend aware that Christ’s birth, his life, his claims, his death and resurrection, his exaltation and his future coming again are beyond the range of the prophets. His whole life is a witness that he came from the Father and was returning to him in other words he was God manifest in the flesh. Take your time get one theme clearly in you mind which explains the superiority of Christ to the prophets and run with it and then later take up another theme. It will take time.

  • Evangelist Ernest Chazya:

    If the foundation is wrong, everything else that follows becomes wrong. I was just a teenager when I had escorted a certain friend of mine to an Islamic school. I remember having developed a desire to join Islam but what really put me off was the preliminary statement that a Quran teacher had made. He said, “if you say that JESUS is the SON of GOD, then you have insulted GOD, for HE cannot reproduce.
    And just this afternoon, I was watching an Islamic channel where a certain Doctor who studied Comparative Religion said that if one could convince him with a passage of scripture where JESUS confirms that HE is GOD and that HE must be worshiped, he would willingly give up his Muslim Faith. I just wondered and concluded that he is either half baked or he is deliberately making himself ignorant.

    • admin:

      Thank you for your good comments. It may be he is half baked or ignorant but many, many Muslims genuinely struggle with the Christian faith intellectually because of this doctrine of the unity of Allah. Regretably Islam lumps Christianity and pre-Islamic Arab pagansim together in their doctrine of Tauhid – the pagans believed in the daughters of Allah and Christians believe in the son of God. The first disciples of Jesus were all monotheists and they did not loose this basic belief with the coming of Christ. Please continue to relate to your Muslim friends and show them what holy perfections we find in Jesus Christ when we read the Gospel account.

  • Rachel:

    Amen Katoto! Preach it

  • Katoto:

    Over recent years many Muslims have turned to Christ through revelations, they have been reduced to tears when they come to terms with Jesus Christ the promised Messiah the saviour of the world.

  • Katoto:

    May the revelation of Jesus Christ continue to be manifested to our Muslim brothers and sisters. Pray and ask relentlessly and ask God to reveal the truth from a personal level. God is faithful to reveal Himself through His son the Lamb of God that was slain for sin of the world that through faith in Him our sin are cleansed. Jesus said ask and it will be given to you.seek and you will find. Knock and the door will be opened. Jesus said “I am the way the truth and life and no one comes to the Father except by Me.” If Muslims have doubt in that statement let them pray and ask Jesus if you really are who you claim reveal to me. He has revealed himself to many Muslims. God bless you

  • ALABI TUNDE:

    JESUS IS NOT COMING BACK ACCORDING TO BIBLE AND QURAN

    JESUS WAS NOT ALIVE ANYWHERE BEFORE MUHAMMAD WAS BORN IN Q21:34,

    JESUS TOLD HIS DISCIPLES NO ONE CAN SEE HIM ANYMORE IN JOHN6:10,

    MUHAMMAD DECLARED THAT JESUS HAD BEEN BURIED IN ISRAEL IN SAHIH BUKHARI VOLUME 2 BOOK 23 PAGE 414.

    • admin:

      The comment “Jesus is not coming back” is one of many allegations which take a verse out of context and re-interpret it in a way that suits the interpreter. Yes, Jesus did say “Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more” John 16:10 and later in the chapter he confuses them by saying “A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father” (v16). In response to his disciples confusion Jesus explains his meaning in verses 17-33. Here he explains that for a little while they will not see him because he will be crucified but then after his resurrection they will see him again. After their initial sorrow they will see him “ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you” (v 22). The text of John 16 is not centred on the second coming but on the resurrection and ascension of the Lord and the life-giving presence of the Holy Spirit in his absence.
      The suggestion that Isa will not come back is against major Islamic teaching. There are said to be seventy reliable traditions on the subject even culminating in traditions describing the features of Isa so that he can be recognised. Islam even uses its own special term nuzul-i-Isa for the parousia of Isa.
      I tried to find the reference from Bukhari Volume 2 book 23 page 414 stating that Jesus had been buried in Israel but could not, perhaps the respondent could be more exact with his reference. If such a verse exists suggesting that Isa is dead rather than ascending to heaven contradicts other hadiths.

  • ese okposio:

    I have read some of the comments on the Return of Jesus Christ. We must understand the MANNER he ascended into heaven for us to know how he will RETURN. See Acts 1:10-11. He did go to heaven with a physical body! It is important we recognize that. Can the physical body dwell in heaven? No. The body that was seen was ethereal and so his Return will not be a physical return! The One who comes for Judgement or Brings Judgement is the One who sits on the throne in Rev 1: 4-5. Please note that Jesus was present, while there was One who sits on the throne! We know Lord Jesus has a throne close to the Father, Rev 3:21. However the One who comes for the Judgement is called: the First and the Last, the beginning and the end, the One who is, who was and who is to Come, The Almighty! I have paraphrased. You may read Rev 1:8. He is called several names in the synoptic gospel. The Son of Man, The Holy Spirit (see John 16: 7-15). The Son in Psalm 2. The Son, who HELPED GOD The Father to create and who the Father called”God”. See Him in Hebrews 1 and Proverbs 8:22-36. Unfortunately He is mistaken for Lord Jesus. HE IS NOT!

    • admin:

      There seems to be some confusion here. The body which Jesus ascended to into heaven (Acts 1:9-11) was a resurrected body which was not held to the confines of space and time as reported in the resurrection accounts. As you say, Jesus did not go into heaven with a physical body but with the resurrected body – he will return in the same manner. The Book of Revelation is ‘the revelation of Jesus Christ’ it teaches that Jesus Christ was the faithful witness, the first begotten of the dead, the prince of the kings of the earth. It tells us that he “loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood and it tells us that “he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him.” (1:5-7) To reply to your other comments would make the article too long, suffice that we have here the expectation of the return of the risen Lord Jesus Christ “He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus”. (Rev 22:20)

    • Why is it easier to believe that the Mahdi and Jesus (Isa) have been hiding in the mountains for over 2000 years and will appear and announce that Islam is the true religion. It is better that Jesus was crucified on a cross died, buried, resurrected and returned to heaven as God not man. And will return with his angels and that he is King of Kings.

  • Nicole:

    I would like to know is Jesus Christ walking the earth now

    • admin:

      The Bible explains that after Jesus was crucified he rose from the dead then ascended into heaven where he will remain until he returns. Therefore the Bible says that believers “wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come” (I Thessalonians 1:10).

  • Nicole:

    I’m married to a Muslim I am Muslim myself. My husband is confusing me because he is telling me that he is Jesus Christ I told him he needs to see a medical assistant but he told me no he does not. I told him I was going to the mail someone. He told me I cannot. Can someone please tell me what to do in a situation like this. I do not agree with my husband saying he is Jesus Christ.

    • admin:

      You are correct he needs medical help. If you would like to write again then I will reply to you in private. Sorry about the delay in replying but my computer has had a virus for the last week.

    • You need to report it if he gets violent or abusive and leave

    • ALABI TUNDE:

      JESUS IS NOT COMING BACK: Jesus said “Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more” JOHN16:10.

      Allah says “And We (ALLAH) did not ordain abiding for any mortal (Jesus etc) before you (Muhammad). What! Then if you die, will they abide? Life without death has not been granted to any man on this planet………
      Allah says “Every soul shall taste of death, and you shall only be paid fully your reward on the resurrection day….. Everything, beside Allah, will know the taste of death. Nothing, save Allah, is permanent in its existence. SAHIH BUKHARI VOLUME 2 BOOK 23 PAGE 414 here MUHAMMAD DECLARED THAT JESUS HAD BEEN BURIED IN ISRAEL (Abridged from the original).

      • admin:

        The comment “Jesus is not coming back” is one of many allegations where a verse is taken out of context and re-interpret to a different situation. Yes, Jesus did say “Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more” John 16:10 and later in the chapter he continues “A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father” (v 16). The disciples are confused. They ask Jesus to explain his meaning and this is done in verses 17-33. Here, he explains that for a little while they will not see him because he will be crucified but then after his resurrection they will see him again. After their initial sorrow they will see him “ye now therefore (ye) have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you” (v 22). The text of John 16 is not centred on the second coming but on the resurrection and ascension of the Lord and the centrality of the life-giving presence of the Holy Spirit. It is absurd to suggest that the apostle denies they will never see Jesus again. He distinctly reports the occasions when the disciples did see Jesus again in the last two chapters of his gospel thereby confirming the words of Jesus to his disciples in John 16:10.

        The suggestion that Isa will not come back is against major Islamic teaching. There are said to be seventy reliable traditions on the subject, even culminating in traditions describing the features of Isa, in order that he can be recognised when he appears. Islam even uses its own special term nuzul-i-Isa for the parousia of Isa.
        I tried to find the reference from Bukhari Volume 2 book 23 page 414 stating that Jesus had been buried in Israel but could not, perhaps the respondent could be more exact with his reference. If such a verse exists that suggests that Isa is dead rather than having ascending to heaven then it contradicts other hadiths.

      • admin:

        The comment “Jesus is not coming back” is one of many allegations which take a verse out of context and re-interpret it in a way that suits the interpreter. Yes, Jesus did say “Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more” John 16:10 and later in the chapter he confuses them by saying “A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father” (v16). In response to his disciples confusion Jesus explains his meaning in verses 17-33. Here he explains that for a little while they will not see him because he will be crucified but then after his resurrection they will see him again. After their initial sorrow they will see him “ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you” (v 22). The text of John 16 is not centred on the second coming but on the resurrection and ascension of the Lord and the life-giving presence of the Holy Spirit in his absence.
        The suggestion that Isa will not come back is against major Islamic teaching. There are said to be seventy reliable traditions on the subject even culminating in traditions describing the features of Isa so that he can be recognised. Islam even uses its own special term nuzul-i-Isa for the parousia of Isa.
        I tried to find the reference from Bukhari Volume 2 book 23 page 414 stating that Jesus had been buried in Israel but could not, perhaps the respondent could be more exact with his reference. If such a verse exists suggesting that Isa is dead rather than ascending to heaven contradicts other hadiths.

  • mohammed imtiyaz mohdin:

    inshallha chisht pubh will come and what ever in the quaran said is correct.
    the allha must save us last day of judgement qiyamat
    quaran will not tell lie.
    remeber us in your dua

    • admin:

      The Quran says almost nothing about the return of Jesus Christ to this earth. The words of Jesus concerning his return are found in the Injil and this is the only foundation on which we can find the truth. Islam has unfortunately developed its own system of the return of Christ based on the hadith and its misunderstanding of who Jesus really is. We do remember our Muslim friends and pray for them that they may receive the salvation found in Christ before it is too late.

  • Muslims you have misconstrued the facts represented in the Holy Bible..You have not read the Holy Bible and make erratic statements.Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ else you will not be saved.

  • The Truth:

    Jesus will not return, you follow doctrines of Satan, Muslims and Christians, Christians misinterpret the verses of the Bible,and Jesus never said he will return, the Muslims follow the belief of the Christians and fabricated Hadith,the Quran clearly states that Prophet Muhammad is the last prophet and Seal of the prophets, the Quran also says the Jesus was a Prophet, so if Muhammad is the Last Prophet and No Prophet will come after him, and for 1500 years No prophet has arrived makes the Quranic verse pure and the truth, Jesus cannot return because he is a prophet, any Muslim that believes that Jesus will return must read their Book properly and follow it properly,they must stop with following fabricated HAdith. The verse quoted above.

    > “And (Jesus) shall be a sign (for the coming of) the Hour (of Judgement): Therefore have no doubt about the (Hour) but follow ye Me: this is a Straight Way.” (Az Zukhruf 43.61)

    The correct Translation is as followers : ” They asked you about the hour,Say (Proclaim)therefore have no doubt about the Hour, follow me ,this is the Striaght path.

    Wait for Jesus to return, he will never return,Satan will appear as Jesus and he will mislead you all,Muslim,Christians,and Jews.

    • Sir, plz u need to read bible properly, go turn to the very last chapter Revelation 22 verse 7. There u will find he is coming and he have reward and will give us according what we have done. U me n all have to give our account to him. Every knee will bow before him. Thank you.

      • admin:

        The verse you quote reads “Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.” Yes, the verse stresses the return of Jesus Christ. verse 12 reads “And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be” – let the man who insists on clinging on to evil (v 11)continue but let him bear in mind he shall soon face his judgement.

        • admin:

          Thank you for informing us about the 1500-2000 year old Bible found in Ankara, Turkey. The oldest Bible manuscripts we have are the 4th century Vatican Manuscript and the Sinaitic Manuscript written on vellum leaves. These old manuscripts were written in the unical form (penned in large capital letters) as opposed to the majority cursive manuscripts which are dated from the ninth century onwards. So firstly it would be helpful if the correspondent could tell us what type of material this manuscript was written on and if it is possible to date the Aramaic type script. The article states “The book itself is written with gold lettering, onto loosely-tied leather in Aramaic” – the gold lettering would indicate a late date while Aramaic was used for centuries in Palestine. Certain sections of the Old Testament and certain expressions found in the Greek New Testament are in Aramaic. The oldest Bibles agree on the content of Jesus being crucified and called the son of God and this is confirmed by the oldest Greek New Testaments, parchments, lectionaries and ancient versions. This Aramaic document needs to be carefuly examined as it is clearly at variance to all existing documents apart from the late Spanish text of the apochryphal Gospel of Barnabas.

          It is pure supposition to suggest that at the 325 AD Nicea Ecumenical Council that “ the Catholic Church hand-picked the gospels that form the Bible as we know it today; omitting the Gospel of Barnabas (among many others).” This 4th century council was called together to settle the Arian Controversy and was enacted in the East, there was no dispute about the biblical texts but only certain interpretations.

  • pastor:

    I am one who have been burdened for those who live in Ethiopia (Muslim) and I was prepared my self for the last 5 years to reach them for the Gospel, now there are more than fifty who have got borne again along with some sheiks. Glory to Him for with Him it is possible.

    • Josh:

      if anyone truly want to know what Islam teaches and what it is all about i suggest you read this book called “Jesus practiced Islam” on Amazon. It really opened my eyes to what Islam is and what it teaches. I used to think Islam was all about hatred but now i understand it is about love, mercy and forgiveness.
      Like Christianity, what Christians do, for example bomb abortion clinics, is far different than what Jesus taught, and i realized what Muslims do is far different than what Islam teaches. if you really want to understand then i suggest reading this book.

      • admin:

        If you have read any articles on this web-site you should be aware of what Islam teaches without resorting to a book suggesting ‘Jesus practiced Islam’. What Jesus practised was indeed love, mercy and forgiveness when Christians follow the directives you are suggesting they are moving away from biblical teaching. When Muslims follow their faith they are following the directives of their founder Muhammad and he was not always the model of love, mercy and forgiveness you propose.

Leave a Reply